Monday, June 4, 2007

Matted Frame



This picture is a framed piece that we did at one of my last club meetings. The hostess had requested that we do a mat for a frame and this is what I came up with. I started with stamping French Script in White craft ink randomly over the cardstock. The flowers were then stamped with Lavender Lace then Vintage Violet overlay. The leaves are stamped in garden green then overstamped with certainly celery. We then took several stipple brushes and stippled both lavender and vintage ink all over the cardstock so as to muddy it up a bit. Various hodgepodge hardware was added as well as a saying. The photo corners were made using the 1/4" square punch then using the 1-1/4" square punch, slice the punched out square in half and paper pierce the corners. Voila! My daughter loved this and I now have orders from the rest of my kids!

Stamps used: Blossoms Abound, SU
CS used: white for layered piece, Lavender Lace
Inks: Lavender Lace, Vintage Violet, Certainly Celery, Garden Green, White craft
Accessories: Hodgepodge Hardware



No comments: